9’4 Guy Takayama Kanaloa Blue
- Size Guide
- Additional information
Guy Takayama 9’4 Kanaloa XEON Fiberglass – Blue and Polished
Named “Kanaloa” for “God of the Sea” the Guy Takayama Kanaloa Performance Single Fin features a wide nose, square tail, and single FCS fin set-up. Guy designed this performance single fin to fit between a classic longboard and a 2+1 set-up. The Kanaloa provides excellent glide, smooth turns and is a great noserider board.
|9’4” x 23 3/16” x 2 3/4″||69.0 ltr|
|10’0” x 24” x 3”||82.0 ltr|
When we say our longboards, fun shapes and hybrid surfboards perform like no other board on the market, we mean it. Guy Takayama designed these hyper performance surfboards to take full advantage of advanced materials and manufacturing methods to deliver boards that simply perform like no other. All surfboards are 100% hand layups, made with a total of 12 ounces of fiberglass / carbon fiber (both deck and bottom) for superior strength while maintaining flexibility
Guy Takayama Surfboard Blanks
Our blanks go beyond: The EPS fused cell core is created in custom molds, producing the same beautiful shape every time. The proprietary fiberglass stringer system provides additional longitudinal strength for controlled flex and twist in the tail. Each EPS blank is encased in a lamination of 4 ounces of fiberglass, vacuum-bonded with a high density foam shell using epoxy resin.
High Performance Surfboard Shapes
Guy Takayama started with his best shapes based on decades of hand-shaping custom polyurethane surfboards, and modified them to take full advantage of the lighter, more durable epoxy technologies and other advanced materials. The results have frankly exceeded our hopes and expectations. These surfboards are magic, and advanced production methods, and intense focus on the quality ensure that every surfboard has the same magic in its soul.
- Tapered rails offer excellent manueverability and quick release.
- Rocker and bottom shapes are made for noseriding as well as power and performance surfing.
- Designed super fast to get around sections, blast airs, or shoot down the line.
- Shapes designed specifically to optimize advanced materials.
- Advanced manufacturing processes and skilled craftsmen assure surfboard shape consistency.
- Proprietary Fiberglass Stringer System: Longitudinal flex comparable to PU with Latitudinal twist and rebound.
- 100% Hand layups – There is no substitute for skilled craftsmen who are totally committed to quality.