OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We have made our terms and conditions easy to read without using complicated language or confusing words. You can read them below. If you enjoy the complicated stuff, you can read and download our full terms and conditions. When you say you agree with our terms and conditions it means you agree with the text in this full document.
1 – Definitions
Sometimes you need to use the complicated legal language, but we much rather prefer clear and non-complicated terms and conditions. That means there’s only one definition important to us:
1. Consumer: Also known as customer. That’s you. Customer is king.
2 – Who are we and how can you reach us
- We are I Love Surfing and you can recognise us by the unique blue heart logo. If you wish to speak to us, you can do that in the following ways:
Online chat: Use the chat function on our website
Call us: 0031 6 10 75 89 80 (We speak Dutch and English)
WhatsApp: 0031 6 10 75 89 80 (We also write and read in Dutch and English)
Old school: Park de Kotten 214, 7522 EL, Enschede, The Netherlands (This is just our office and store our products elsewhere)
Follow us: On Facebook, on Instagram, on Youtube, on our community page
- You can call us every day from 09.00 till 20.00. The only time we’re not available is when the surf is pumping, but we’ll get back to you as soon as we’re dry. You can WhatsApp us 24/7
- We don’t have a physical store so unfortunately, it’s not possible to visit us. If you would really like to meet us, we could always arrange to meet for a coffee or a surf.
- For those of you who love numbers:
Our chamber of commerce number 59547316
Our VAT identification number NL853541127B01
3 – Relevance
These terms and conditions apply if you buy something from us. We do our best to make you aware of these terms and conditions because they describe what we do for you and what you can expect from us.
If a product has its own terms and conditions, these apply as well.
4 – The offer
We always tell you what you are buying and how you can purchase it. This includes a description, the price, and whether or not you can return a product. It does happen that we got up super early for a dawn patrol and that we made a mistake on our website. If this is a clear mistake (like a surfboard for 5 cents) the offer and any agreement is not valid.
5 – Agreement
- We work hard to offer you a safe environment where you can purchase your products.
- If you order with us, we give you an electronic confirmation and we keep you updated about your order.
- We add all the information you need, like a packing slip, receipt and return forms. Most of which you can also find on our website.
6 – Right of withdrawal
- Sometimes it happens that there’s just no match between you and your product. In that case you have the right to return the product within 14 days (cooling off period) after receiving the product.
- You can do this without giving us any reason.
7 – What we expect of you during the cooling off period
Carefully inspect your product and look at it from all sides. If you don’t like what you see, don’t use it in any way. Treat it the same way you would in a physical surf shop. Do not damage the original packaging. If you do use the product, this might result in a decrease of value, and you would get less money back.
8 – Returning the product
After you expressed your right to return the product, you must do so within 14 days. It is your responsibility to return the package, so please make sure you get written proof of the shipment. You pay the direct costs for returning the product.
This is our return procedure.
- Contact us prior to any return
- Fill out this standard form and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Repack the product with care. Liability for any damage during returns lies with you
- Address and pay for the package to be send to our distribution centre:
I Love Surfing Distribution
- You receive a full refund within 14 days after we received the returned item
9 – What you can expect of us regarding the right of withdrawal
Did you request to use your right of withdrawal within 14 days?
- We send you a confirmation of your request.
- We pay you back within 14 days after we receive the returned product.
10 – What can’t be returned
You probably understand that you cannot return the following:
- Products we made or ordered especially for you
- Used products
- Products of which you broke the original packaging
- Used vouchers
11 – Pricing
- We’re clear about what you pay. No surprises.
- All prices are including VAT.
- Clear mistakes in prices are not binding.
12 – Conformity and guarantees
- We do what we promise. We’re always honest. Also see article 4.
- You have the right to a good product. If a product is faulty, we will do our best to resolve the problem. We use the European law for consumer guarantees.
- You should report any defects on delivered products to us within 7 days after delivery.
13 – Special note on warranty regarding surfboards
Using a surfboard has high demands on the equipment, even small waves may occasionally create sufficient pressure to crease or even snap a surfboard. As surfers you have probably experienced this yourself, or heard the stories from fellow surfers. Therefore, in general surfboards are not warented, simply because of circumstances that are beyond our control. This includes, but is not limited to, breakage, creases, heat damage, broken fin boxes, dings, compressions or discoloration.
We are surfers ourselves and do understand how frustrating it is if a freshly bought stick snaps during one of your sessions. If this happens and you feel the breakage was in any way suspicious (see article 12.2) don’t hesitate to contact us.
14 – Delivery and execution
- We do everything we can to make you happy.
- We will ship your order as soon as possible. Some larger items may take a bit longer (like surfboards), but we will inform you as much as possible about the process.
- The risk of damage and/or loss of any products rest with us until you receive your product.
15 – Remote areas
- It can be that you live in an area that’s harder to reach than other areas, for example on an island, up a mountain, or other remote areas. Usually, people who live in remote areas know this already. You can probably understand, that the costs of shipping are often higher. To cover these costs, we might need to charge an extra fee before we can ship. It is your responsibility to check if you live in a remote area and inform us before you make you finalize your order. If you already paid, but do not wish to pay the additional costs, we can still cancel the order and give you a refund. We do however, deduct the costs for the money transfers.
16 – Payments
- As soon as you pay, we’ll start the processing your order.
- If any payment details are incorrect you should let us know immediately.
17 – Complaints
- We regret if you have a complaint. We have a procedure in place in order to handle your complaint swiftly.
- Report your complaint with a full description and as soon as possible.
- We will reply to your complaint within 5 working days and will let you know how long it takes us to resolve your complaint.
- We prefer to talk to personally about your complaint. But if we can’t reach an understanding, then there is a dispute.
18 – Disputes
- Dutch law applies to agreements we have.
- If we really can’t reach an agreement, you can decide to approach the European Consumer Centres Network.
19 – Additional and different provisions
If we agree to deviate from these terms and conditions you will get this in writing.
20 – Changes to these terms and conditions
That’s it. This was an excerpt of our complete terms and conditions. Please read the full document if you want to know everything you need to know before making any purchase. Any changes will be published here.
WHY CHOOSE US
The place I go to when I need anything for my surfboards. Good service and great quality.
I wasn’t sure what board I needed, but the team helped me. I felt no pressure to buy. The team just helped me make the right decision.